Race day InformationThe race ranking is updated during and according to the order of arrival at the final.
- Each competitor will be assigned a number corresponding to his leg within the team, it must be placed frontally, onto his/hers chest.
The timing chip strap
- All teams will receive a single timing strap, equipped with an electronic chip.
- All of the teams’ first legs will start the race together and at the same time - a mass start with the timing chip straps, placed on the chest. Participants will be handing over the timing chip straps from one leg to another – this will be their "baton". Each runner will receive an exact timing of the covered distance (leg). The last leg will end at the finish line (with the chip strap crossing it) and the entire team will be given its final timings.
- The exchange zone will be clearly designated. It will start 20 meters before the Start / Finish line and it will end 20 meters afterwards. 400 meters before the transfer zone, there will be onboard timers? Visible information displays will be present, which will let contestants track the progress of their teammates and prepare themselves to receive the baton. Please, bear in mind that the receival and transmission of the chip strap (baton) should take place within the designated area. We also ask you to behave kindly and tolerate the faster participants of the Marathon. It is recommended that all 6 participants of the team wear the same outfits (T-shirts, hats, shorts).
- For the relays, whose fifth legs exceed the control timing and do not manage to finish by 12.16 hours, the competitors of the upcoming Sixth legs for all teams with non-finished Fifth legs will begin with a mass start at 12.20 hours; with their timings added to the total timing of the team. However, they will be ranked after all finishers who had managed to fit in the control timings.
Participants' personal luggage storage point
- Close to the Start/Finish line, there will be specialized tents, dedicated to outfit changing and clothes storage for the Sofia Ekiden Marathon participants. Only specially stickered bags. which have been previously handed over by the organizers will be accepted. The organizers bear no responsibility for the storage of expensive items and jewelry.